Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Homework


We all know that it's good for us. (Usually not cupcakes unless we are saddened or distressed.) We all know that we need to do it and that we do better in class if we actually put time into that homework. (Except for those crazy people who just get A's anyway.) It's incredible how many other things I can find that I need to do when I don't want to work on my homework. Suddenly I have to go clean my room, fix my keyboard, organize the bathroom, and play with my little brother. Yes, I confess! I am a horrible procrastinator. If there is time still left before something is due or before it has to be done then I am the first one to do it at the last minute. Why do it early when you can wait til the last minute and rush around like a mad college student trying to get everything done at once? Over and over I've seen how procrastinating causes me problems. It keeps me from going to that movie that I wanted to go to, it makes it so that I can't relax when I'm exhausted, and on many an occasion it causes the assignment to be late or worse. So why do I do it?

Mostly because it's a weakness. Partially because I can. The most important thing is that I'm getting better!! Someday I will not be lazy with my homework and I will get it done when it needs to be done instead of later. Therefore, I hereby declare that by the end of this semester I will no longer procrastinate my homework to the last second! I will have it done at least a day before and not the day of. Life will be fantastic. And I'm starting now! Which means I have to stop writing this blog and go work on it. Wish me luck!!

P.S. I'm also going to start making food that is good for me. Hence the awesome gluten free cupcake that my mom made for me!!! AWESOME!!!